- Our vision is to maintain and improve our position as competitive leading shipping company in the global market targeting to zero incidents and zero spills to sea. Experienced people. Open minded to creativity. Team spirit work.
- Grow our fleet under management in order to service our clients’ shipping requirements.
MPK Shipping Inc. has determined that it shall operate its vessels in a manner that is friendly to the environment and ensures the safety of people and property.
The company’s Integrated Management System complies with following requirements:
the company’s Integrated Management System enables our organization to provide consistent services which exceed the industry requirements, as well as promoting continual improvement through the effective and efficient application of its processes.
- Establish and insist upon safe operating practices and provide safe and healthy working conditions, including control of the use of alcohol and drugs on board managed vessels.
- Require and ensure that its employees comply with safety regulations at all times and take all necessary precautions to protect themselves and their fellow workers.
- Provide the ship’s Master with all necessary authority and support to prepare and respond to emergencies.
- Be sensitive and responsive to public concerns about marine transportation and its side effects on the environment.
- Provide information, instruction, training and visits/audits/inspections that are necessary to avoid damage to the environment or property as well as to ensure the health and safety at work of employees.
- Continuously improve the safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related to safety, health and environmental protection.
- Prevent pollution and reduce emissions and waste, as far as practicable, by complying with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements in order to ensure that the design, construction and condition of all equipment and machinery used is safe and suitable for their purpose and that it is operated by qualified personnel.
- Apply recognized industry standards, when appropriate.
- Work in co-operation with manufacturers, shippers and vendors to enhance the safe transportation of products and to minimize any pollution resulting from all Company’s operations.
- Make its experience available to the authorities and regulatory bodies to assist in the formulation of laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the work place, the community and the environment.
- Establish safeguards against all identified risks and preparing for possible hazardous situations.
- Fully cooperate with public authorities and others to mitigate the effects of accidents which may occur.
This policy is reviewed for its continuing suitability whenever necessary as well as in the Management Reviews and is available to the public and the Company’s customers, vendors and supplier
- Safety at Sea & Prevention of Human Integrity
- MPK Shipping Inc has clearly stated goals, in line with the Company’s policy – no accidents, no harm to people, no damage to the environment.
- Our top priorities are the health and safety of our personnel and third parties eventually involved in our operations, the protection of the environment and the integrity of the goods transported.
- Environmental Protection is our outmost ethical responsibility, our strategic priority and an integral part of our operations and future.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, including applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by IMO, relevant Flag Administrations, Classification Societies, maritime Industry Organizations, national and local requirements.
- Compliance with the current regulations
- We do not face the safe and qualitative transportation of products as a cost but as an investment.
The policies of the company to quality and safety and to the protection of the environment are adhered to closely as these factors with regard to the crew and the environment are of paramount importance. We monitor and review our policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they remain relevant and effective.
- Adherence to an Integrated Management System (IMS) by all Company’s employees, including managed vessels, which promotes the concept of safety and environmental excellence, continuous improvement and enhancement of personnel skills.
- Assigning employees possessing sound skills and capabilities in required areas of responsibility, including adequate verification resources.
Defining the organization, responsibility, authority and interfacing of the various management functions within the frame of the IMS.
- Providing for safe and environmentally sound practices in the operation of managed vessels.
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment onboard to assist in preventing human injury and loss of life.
- Providing the necessary training to ensure that Company’s employees are capable of achieving safety and pollution prevention objectives in the work they perform.
- Providing facilities, systems/equipment and a maintenance system that is suited for the purpose of achieving objectives.
- Conducting management review meetings and management system audits.
This Policy has the full support of Senior Management and applies to all Company’s employees.